Buckwheat Apple Pancakes


1 1/2 cups buckwheat pancake mix
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
½ unpeeled apple chopped
Cored apple quartered – thinly sliced

Mix pancake mix and cinnamon. In smaller bow, mix egg, milk, vanilla and oil. Pour dry mixture and mix. Mix only until blended. Add chopped apple and let sit for about 5 minutes. Preheat griddle sprayed with non-stick spray. While pancakes are cooking on one side, place 2 thinly sliced apple quarters on apple. Flip when bubbles form around edges. Before serving you can sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for extra flavor. I serve with cane syrup or maple syrup.

On Saturdays I usually make pancakes and this is one of our favorites. We had smoked deer sausage with them today and it was a delicious meal. So, I thought I would share with you all. You could use any type of pancake mix or start from scratch and use the vanilla, cinnamon and apple. One of my Texas nephews (Hi Greg) told me about the vanilla in pancake mix and that has become part of any pancake recipe I use. We just like the buckwheat and whole wheat flour better than white for pancakes and I am the "mix" queen. I see no need to measure flour and so forth when someone else can do it for me.

That's about it for today, just being very lazy.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: