Friday's Eats


Good afternoon. Come on in for some iced tea and peach dump cake. I needed a dessert to take to a friend and using what I had in the cabinet, came up with a good dessert. I thought you might enjoy it also so I am going to share. Mama always made us share everything and I do want to keep her happy being she is with the Lord. Lot of power there!
Fresh Peach Dump Cake

1 box of carrot cake, cake mix
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
2 sticks butter

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray
Sprinkle 1/2 box of dry cake mix in bottom of pan
Place sliced peaches on top of the cake mix. Sprinkle other half of the cake mix on top of the peaches. Slice the butter into thin slices over the dry cake mix. Bake until peaches are bubbling and top is slightly brown.

There are several versions of the recipe but all I had was the carrot cake mix and I needed a dessert today. It is really good and the fresh peaches with this spicy mix is very good. I baked it in 2, 9 inch pans so I will have one to share and one to keep. I think you could probably freeze one but have not tried it.

I thought I would also share my method of cooking fresh, green beans. They are really tasty this way.

Tasty Green Beans

3-4 cups fresh green beans, snapped and washed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion sliced thinly
2 packages of Goya Ham Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

Put the olive oil in pre-heated pan on medium high. Place the sliced onions and green beans in pan and saute until beans turn a dark green, stirring often. While these are cooking add salt, pepper and ham seasoning to the beans and onion. When the beans have turned a rich, dark green add water to almost cover the beans. Cover the pan, bring to a simmer and cook until beans are tender but not mushy. You can serve with bacon bits on top of slivers of browned ham.

Sauteing seems to add flavor to the beans and the onions. Be sure not to overcook the beans while sauteing. You have to stir them often. Also adding the seasonings during this time adds flavor.

Hope you enjoy these 2 recipes as much as we do.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: