Inspiration



Good morning. Thought I would share a few tips and tricks with you today. Those of you who know me, know it's hard for me to throw away anything for I can usually find a use for it. I am getting better about tossing, but not too well. I take a box to Goodwill at the back door and go in the front door and buy some more. I tell myself that is a good thing for I am helping out people who need it. Not sure if that is a valid excuse but if I don't use it but for a little while, I return it and start the cycle again. Doesn't take much to entertain me does it?



These are rattan trays I found at Goodwill for about $3.00. There was a whole stack of them but I only bought 2 and wish I had bought more. You know the rule about thrift stores, if you see it buy it for it won't be there when you return. You can always re-thrift.

They were in this natural rattan color and I use one as a desk caddy for the cup holder is just right for pencils and pens. The other one I placed on a luggage rack and am using it for a side table by a chair.



After several months, I decided to spray paint one white to brighten the sun room and this is the results. You can still see some of the tan color beneath but I like the brighter color. You will use lots of spray paint for the rattan soaks up the paint big time. I am thinking about painting the other one a light yellow to brighten up the desk area. The luggage rack straps are needlepoint by Roy's mom but we were not using it and I hated to see it just sitting unused. Makes a great table.


To-Go Coffee Cup Tissue Holder

This is not my idea, but I saw it when 'Net surfing and thought it was a neat idea. I have put the website explaining how to make it below. When you use up the tissues, just toss the whole thing and make another one OR just make several at a time and have an extra when needed. A Starbucks cup or other brands you like look great and you are up cycling rather than tossing. I have made one but plan to make several more for the only expense is a box of tissues. Neat, right? The site is below and try it, you'll like it.

http://www.curbly.com/DIY-Maven/posts/947-How-to-Make-a-To-go-Coffee-Cup-Tissue-Pop-up#jump

I made a delicious spicy apple sauce yesterday and thought you might like it. It is sugar free so will be great for the kiddies and diabetics and the rest of us also.

Microwave Spicy Applesauce
6 cups peeled coarsely chopped apples
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/3 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup orange juice
Peel and cut up apples and put in microwave proof bowl. Add the spices and toss gently. Microwave for 8-10 minutes, depending on microwave wattage. You want them soft enough to mash but not too soft. I use a potato masher to mash them but you can use the food processor. I like mine chunky so I do not use the food processor. Add the orange juice and stir until blended.
It is not too sweet but with the spices and orange juice it is very good. You can serve it alone or with cookies. I have heated it and put it over vanilla ice cream and that is wonderful. Use it on toast rather than jelly or jam. Enjoy.
Ya'll have a good weekend and talk to you soon.
Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach
***************************************************************************

No comments: