Citrusy Blueberry Muffins


Good evening, ya'll. I hope you all had a good worship service and Sunday School at your church today for we did. Our crowd was little off today with people trying to get in that last little vacation before school begins tomorrow. Remember when school began the Monday after Labor Day? Not anymore. It seems to come earlier each year and it is so hot here that the AC bill is going to be high as a Georgia Pine for the schools. I am so glad I don't have to think about it anymore for retirement is super good and getting better.

I thought I would share a muffin recipe with you that I made yesterday. We have muffins each Sunday for breakfast and have for years. Now I like to take the muffin mixes and doctor them up a little and this recipe is the best one I have concocted. I hope you will try it and let me know what you think. It is quick, easy and delicious.


Citrusy Blueberry Muffins
by Frances Robson
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

1 14 oz. Blueberry muffin mix. This the box size not the envelope size
1 cup orange juice
1 egg
1 pkg. instant oatmeal - regular flavor or 1/3 cup of quick cook oatmeal
about 2 tsp. of lemon zest
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Makes 12 muffins
Preheat oven 425 degrees

Mix the orange juice, egg, and lemon juice until well blended. Add package of oatmeal to the muffin mix. Add the wet ingredients to the muffin mix and oatmeal and stir only until blended. Do not beat or they will be tough. Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest and fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. I use an ice cream scoop and it is about 1 scoop per muffin. Bake for 20-24 minutes. Serve with butter or softened cream cheese.

The oatmeal adds texture and the orange juice and lemon juice add that citrus flavor and it it quite good.
Hope you enjoy these.


Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

*********************************************************************************************************

No comments: