Rich and Dark Hot Chocolate




RICH AND DARK HOT CHOCOLATE

1/4 cup powdered cocoa
1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute - I used Splenda
1 cup water
3 cups milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Makes 4 cups


Sift the cocoa and sugar together in large saucepan. Whisk in the water until well blended over medium high heat. When combined well, add milk and continue to stir until hot. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.

I topped the hot chocolate with whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

For mocha chocolate use 1 cup brewed coffee in place of the water.
If you have some left, put in refrigerator and heat later.


It was very good and the touch of cinnamon and whipped topping made it special. You can also place a cinnamon stick in the cup before pouring in hot chocolate instead of the sprinkle of cinnamon.

I hope you will enjoy this as much as we did and let me know if you tried it. It is much better than the instant and easy and quick to make.


Well, I think I will go to bed and thank ya'll for stopping by on this cold, winter evening.


Nuff said,


The Georgia Peach
************************************************************************

No comments: