Good evening on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. This is a good day for a nap but I just don't have time. I am helping with the refreshments at our afternoon Bible study and I am baking a Cheesecake Sopapilla which Cindy said was out of this world good. I baked one last night but decided one would not be enough so have another one in the oven.

When Cindy sent me the recipe she said she knew I would put my twist on it but I didn't for the 1st one but did for the second. I think you can never have too much cinnamon so I sprinkled some on the cream cheese layer. I also think a little fresh lemon zest can make anything better so I zested a lemon in the butter, sugar layer on top. It smells scrumptious so I will let you know how it tastes. I am giving the recipe that I used from this website :http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sopapilla-cheesecake-dessert/detail.aspx

Cheesecake Sopappilla

Ingredients:
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Beat the cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape the each piece into 9x13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough.
3. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the cheesecake. Stir the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar together with the cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the cheesecake along with the almonds.
4. Bake


I didn't use the almonds for I didn't have any but plan to try that next time.

I hope you enjoy it for the taste or two or three I tried were very good and Roy said I needed to share with ya'll. Enjoy.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach
___________________________________________________________________

No comments: