Peach Pound Cake Dump Cake

Peach Pound Cake Dump Cake by frances robson

Good evening and come on in for a dish of warm peach dump cake. It smells so good and as soon as it gets a little cooler we are going to have a dish with some ice cream on top. I love the mixture of the cool and hot and as hot as it is today, we need some cool. We are so thankful for air conditioning but I am not complaining for my family in Texas has it much hotter than I do. They are also much dryer and we are all praying for rain.

This dessert I am sharing is from my favorite fruit - no exceptions. Fresh peaches are like nectar from the gods and taste so good. We grew peaches when we were growing up on a farm in South Alabama and sold them. Mama also made everything you could with peaches - preserves, canned, frozen and pickled. Her pickled peaches were a great treat at holidays.

We are fortunate enough to live in the center of a peach growing area and can buy them straight out of the orchards or pick them ourselves. I leave the picking to someone else but I will surely buy and eat them. When it is peach season we have fresh peaches almost every day and I will just wash them off, cut them in half, remove the pits and eat them peeling and all. I just love them.

The season is over down here but we were in middle Georgia this week and were able to buy some fresh ones. We are enjoying them raw but I also like to make dump cakes with them. When I looked into my pantry the only cake mix I had was a vanilla pound cake mix so I used that. I also added 1/4 cup brown sugar to give it a richer flavor and it worked. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did. It is a really good dessert so try it and let me know.

Peach and Pound Cake Dump Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1- 9 oz. Vanilla Pound cake mix
2 – 3 cups peaches – peeled and sliced
¼ cup – oatmeal, not instant
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 stick butter
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon

8x11 inch baking dish sprayed with butter flavored non-stick spray

Cover the bottom of the baking dish with the sliced peaches. Shake the dish slightly to evenly distribute the peaches. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. Cinnamon and the brown sugar. Zest the lemon over the peach mixture and pour the lemon juice over the peaches. Sprinkle the dried pound cake mix over the peach mixture then the oatmeal. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cover the top with the sliced butter. You can slice the butter easily if it is cold. Bake until the top is browned about 40 to 45 minutes.

I hope you will try it and leave me a comment.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Oh sweet peaches,that looks really good.I would love to try this soon.