Quick Shrimp Scampi

Jekyll Island, GA by frances robson

Good morning and come on in for a visit. As you can tell by my pictures I need a beach fix and Jekyll is my favorite place to visit and I hope to go soon. Jekyll and seafood always go together and there are a couple of places over there which make wonderful shrimp scampi so I found a way to make it myself until I can get over there.

I found Sea Pak's frozen shrimp scampi at SAM's club last week in the frozen seafood section and it is very good. The shrimp are frozen coated in the sauce and as you cook it, the sauce is made. They are also individually frozen so you can pour out as many as you like and keep the remainder frozen. I used 6 shrimp per person for they are nice and big but you could use more or less per person. I didn't want any leftovers for it is so easy I would rather make it fresh.

If you use frozen seafood or fish, adding fresh lemon juice gives it a fresh flavor and it doesn't taste like it has been frozen. With this recipe, I suggest you use freshly squeezed lemon juice and the zest, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh tomatoes. You can buy the little cherry tomatoes year around and they taste good even in the winter.

You cook the thin spaghetti or vermicelli as you cook the scampi, drain it and keep it warm until you get ready to serve it. I also have some freshly grated Parmesan on the table to sprinkle over the individual portions if you like.

Let me know if you like this and your additions.

Quick Shrimp Scampi

Frozen Sea Pak Shrimp Scampi – 4- 6 per serving
2 -3 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ – ½ cup chopped peppers – red and green bell peppers or banana peppers, or hot red – mix to suit your tastes
1 lemon – juice and zest
1 cup cherry tomatoes – cut in half
Parmesan Cheese
Cooked linguine or thin spaghetti

The shrimp scampi is frozen and the shrimp are coated with the scampi sauce.

Heat skillet with about 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil until hot. Add the peppers and saute slightly – leave slightly crisp. Add the shrimp – I use 6 shrimp per helping but you can use less or more. Add the lemon juice and zest. As you stir, the sauce will be formed from the shrimps' coating. Cook just until the shrimp turn pink, add the tomatoes and grate a liberal amount of Parmesan cheese on top, taste to see it you want to add more salt and pepper, stir gently, cover, turn off the heat and heat for about 1 minute.

Serve over the cooked linguine.

This is good, quick and easy.

Serve with slaw or tossed salad, toasted french bread and you have a wonderful meal.

Ya'll come back to see me and enjoy the recipe.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach








No comments: