Sweet Potato Apple Butter Tart


Sweet Potato Apple Butter Tart

Good evening and come on in or we can sit on the porch for it has cooled off and feels just right outside to sit and talk.  It rained all around us us this afternoon and we didn't get any rain but we got the cool air and that is wonderful.  Of course I realize that the hot weather is not gone but we are going to get a respite from the hot weather for a few days.

The Sweet Potato Apple Butter was so good I made this week I found another way to use it today.  I made some tarts and baked them rather than fry them and they are really good so I want to share the recipe with you.  They are quick and easy and if you don't have the homemade sweet potato butter to use, substitute sweet potato pie filling but this will add some sugar that is not in the homemade.  All the sweetener I added was about 2 Tablespoons of honey.  

 I am trying not to use sugar in my recipes but either honey of maple syrup and the amount will depend on how sweet the potatoes and apples are.  These were sweet so it needed just a little bit of honey. You can use about 1/4 cup of brown sugar if you would like or an artificial sweetener if you want it sweeter.

Baked Sweet Potato Apple Butter Tarts
I made 6 but you can make the number you would like.

6 frozen biscuits - thawed or the large size canned biscuits
2 Tbsp. filling per biscuit
cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
On floured surface, roll out the biscuits into circles.  Roll as thin as you can without them tearing.  As you roll, flip the dough several times so it will not stick.  Place about 2 tablespoons of filling on one side of the dough circle, fold over the other half and press edges together.  I roll the bottom edge over the top one, press together with a fork to seal.  Use the fork to punch several holes in the top of the tarts, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and place on baking sheet.  Place in preheated oven and bake until brown - about 20 minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.


These are low in fat and sugar and taste really good.  Try them and let me know how they taste.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see me and enjoy the tarts.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: