Slow Cooker Apple Cake

New Growth from the Old
Good evening and come on in.  It has been a beautiful day here in South Georgia and we have enjoyed it immensely.  We are enjoying the mild winter here and I don't miss the cold a bit and hope it stays warm for I do dislike the cold weather. 

Today I covered a footstool and the seat of a small wooden chair to update them a little.  The stool was made by my grandfather and the little chair came from a restaurant owned by Roy's grandfather.  It has to be over 100 years old and the footstool is getting close to that.  As I was tacking the fabric on the chair I realized I was using a little upholstery hammer which had once been Roy's grandfather's.  Lots of memories in this little chair and footstool.  I will take pictures and show you what I did later.

I tried a crock pot cake recipe for the first time last week and it is delicious.  It is like the dump cake I have been making for years but so easy to do in the crock pot or slow cooker.  I never know which one to call it for I see both terms used but I like crock pot or as Roy says "crack pot." 

Of course I had to play with the recipe a little bit for I didn't have some of the ingredients and I think mine is very good and Roy said worth posting for you to enjoy too.  Let me know what you think.

Slow Cooker Apple Cake

Cooking Time: 3-5 hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3½-4-quart
Ingredients:
6 cups fresh apples, peeled and sliced
½ cup apple juice
½ cup dried cranberries
18¼ -oz. pkg. Carrot cake mix – or spice cake mix
1 stick (½ cup butter), melted
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Spray interior of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spoon apples and apple juice into slow cooker, and sprinkle cranberries over the apples. Spread evenly over the bottom.
3. Sprinkle with dry spice cake mix.
4. Pour melted butter over dry mix. Top with chopped pecans.
5. Cook on Low 3-5 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into topping comes out dry.
6. Serve warm from cooker with whipped topping, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Refrigerate what is not eaten. Warm and serve – even good cold.

Ya'll have a good weekend and enjoy the cake - delicious and easy.

Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach

No comments: