Upscaled Canned Soups




Good morning and welcome.  I wanted to share a couple of soup recipes which I use that are quick, easy and quite good.  They use canned soups with added ingredients and you can easily add your own favorites to make them for your family.  Let me know what you think.

Clam Chowder (feeds 4)

2 cans clam chowder - We like the Progresso
Now the rest I don't really measure so use what you have. I had a slice of cured ham leftover so I cut it in small pieces and added it to the chowder. I also added a little onion powder and a little garlic powder.
 1/2 of a leftover baked potato but you could add more, cut into small pieces Progresso soups have very little salt and pepper so I added a little of both, brought it to a slow simmer for about 5 minutes. I served it in thick bowls and sprinkled it with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese and it was delicious.
If you don't have leftover cured ham, crumbled, cooked bacon would be great. I bake bacon instead of frying and do a whole pound, cool it, and store it in the refrigerator for soups, salads and sandwiches.

Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup

1 large can or 2 small cans Chicken Noodle soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup or more baked chicken chopped in large pieces
1 pkg. Ramen Noodles - chicken flavored
2 cups unsalted chicken broth

Pour the soup, tomatoes, chicken broth and chicken in large pan. Heat on medium heat until simmering and add the Ramen Noodles and seasoning packet. Simmer until noodles are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste but probably won't need salt.
Optional: Leftover green beans -about 1 cup or green peas and or nibblet corn. You can use any leftover vegetables you have which would taste good with chicken noodle soup.

To go with the soup, I made bread sticks with hotdog buns. I split each half of the hotdog buns lengthwise, placed on baking sheet, sprinkled liberally with olive oil, sprinkled with Italian seasoning and toasted until slightly brown.

Hope you enjoy these.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: