Snacking and Crafting


Rainy Day in Georgia by frances robson

Good rainy day in Georgia.  We are having a "frog strangler", raining cats and dogs", "It's A Rainy Day in Georgia",  "Singing In The Rain", and any other rain sayings or songs which you know.  It has rained most of the day and both ponds are full and running over and I have a new river running through our front yard.  There have been several tornadoes in the area, flooding, and lots of wind damage but thank goodness we have been safe.  The water deficit is gone , I hope.  There is more on the way and prayerfully there will not be any more damage in the area.

I have a recipe to share with you for a quick and good snack that you or your children can prepare and if you have teens, they can do it by themselves. It is based on a recipe I found on Pinterest using sandwich thins which we always have and after making a batch, I changed the recipe some and I liked it better so try and enjoy.  It will not be written like a recipe usually is written for the ingredients will depend on how many you are making and what you have in the pantry and refrigerator.


Sandwich Thin Pizza

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Take the sandwich thin and divide into the 2 halves.
Place the halves on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil
Bake in the preheated oven about 3 -5 minutes to crisp the bread but not browned.
Spoon 1 Tablespoon of marinara sauce, pasta sauce or pizza sauce from a can or bottle.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, a little salt and pepper.
Optional: Pepperoni slices, Canadian Bacon, chopped ham, or any other toppings you like. 
Sprinkle generously with grated cheeses - cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, or your favorites.  Use at least 2 for a better pizza
Place in oven for about 5 minutes or cheeses are beginning to melt.
Turn on the broiler and finish melting the cheeses and crisping the bread.
Serve whole or cut into halves or quarters. 
These are really very good and you can use whatever ingredients you like or have in the pantry. 


Painted Bobby Pins for Bow or Flowers



I have been making bows and flowers for our granddaughter, Miss Josie, for she has to have one or the other in her hair each day.  The bigger the better pleases her and I am making her some new ones and we like to use the bobby pins rather than the clips.  The brown or black ones are OK but I wanted something a little more glitzy and this is what I did to the pins.

I found nail polish in several colors, including gold and silver glitter at the drugstore on sale for $1.00 to $2.00.  There are many colors of nail polish available including reds, pinks, oranges, black, silver, gold and many others and will stick to metal, plastic and most any other surface.

Paint pens are another good choice for these pins for it will paint metal, glass and plastic and being in a pen, minimizes the mess and no brushes to clean. 

I removed the bobby pins from the card and inserted over a piece of thin cardboard which I cut from a cereal box.  Place this over another piece of cardboard so you can paint the ends of the pins and begin painting. 

The paint pen covered the metal better but I also liked the nail polish for most of the pin will be covered by the bow or flower.  I have a gold glittered one in my hair now without a bow or flower and it looks very pretty so you can use them alone.  The bobby pins were bought at the Dollar Tree, the nail polish was on sale and the paint pens were not that expensive and they last a long time. 

The red and white ones were done with the paint pens and the others with nail polish.  After one side dries, flip and paint the other side and I put a final coat of clear polish on all of them.  Think they turned out pretty well and I am looking forward to adding the bows and flowers for our "little princess."

If you try this, let me know what you think and send some pics.

Ya'll stay dry and come back to see me.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great snack idea! Take care in this spring weather!

Mary said...

That pizza looks delicious, Frances, and easy enough even for me.

I love the painted bobby pins - the colors are so sparkly. I might have to try that for my great-niece when she has a little more hair.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love the sandwich thins...I have them in my freezer at all times! Great recipe for them!

You must be a very patient woman to handpaint those tiny bobby pins! What a great result though...cute!

Carole said...

Nice post. You might like to look at how I do cheese snacks. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/cheese-and-crackers.html

ZoesCorner said...

sandwich thins ? I don't think we got those up here. We do have thin hamburger buns! this might work.

Great idea for using up old nail polish! I love it but can't wear it to work since I work with food all day!

thanks
Zoe