Grilling on the Stovetop Grill

Good evening and come on in on this hot 4th of July.  I hope you have had a good day and enjoyed your friends and family and remembered our military past and present.  Thanks to them we have the freedom to enjoy this day and thanks to our Lord that we live in this wonderful country.

We were going to grill outside today but with it being about 100 degrees we decided to grill inside.  I grilled all our supper except the meatballs shown below.  After watching a commercial about the 10 minute grill, or something like that, I thought I could use my little waffle maker to make some meatballs. 
As you can see, I don't have the meatball maker grills so I used the little donut baker.  This leaves indents in the center of the meatballs but that holds in the juices and I also thought about putting a dab of salsa in the center when I served them as snacks.  Using them with pasta and tomato sauces are another option and I sure plan to make some more.

I had made out some hamburgers and I made some little ones to put in the waffle maker and they are really good.  Freezing some to use later was my first idea but after my husband finished eating a number of them, I may just leave them for snacking.

For supper we had grilled chicken breasts, onions, green beans and peaches. I will give you the recipes and I hope you enjoy them also.

Grilled Chicken Breasts
4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lemon - juice and zest
1 clove garlic - grated
1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the marinade in large plastic bag , add the chicken breasts and toss in the marinade.  Put in refrigerator and turn the bag with the chicked several times and marinade for at least 2 hours. 

Spray or brush the griddle with olive oil and when hot but not too hot, place the chicken on the grill.  Cook until done and this will depend on the thickness of the breasts.  While they are grilling brush the tops with soy sauce, olive oil and additional lemon juice.  If they brown too quickly and are not done in the middle, remove from grill, wrap in foil and place in warm oven until done.

After the chicken breasts have cooked for a few minutes, place quartered onions on the grill and spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill on both sides.  Don't overcook them but about 5 - 8 minutes should be plenty. 

Grilled Green Beans

2 cups tender, young, green beans
olive oil
salt and pepper

Snap the ends off the green beans with the strings.  Wash and dry well with paper towels.  Place in shallow bowl, add enough olive oil to coat and salt and pepper.  Marinate for about 10 minutes.  Place on the grill and turn often to grill on all sides.  Grill for about 10 minutes or tender crisp.
These are addictive and very good.  Kind of like chips - you can't eat just one.




I grilled peaches for dessert and you just cut in half, remove the pit, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, a little lemon juice and place cut side down on the grill and flip once.




Completed supper - and it is delicious and easy.  I let the chicken breasts rest a few minutes on the cutting board and sliced on the bias and served in slices.  It was moist and tasty. 

Let me know if you like these and I will try some more ideas on the grill.

Ya'll come back to see me and Happy 4th of July.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: