WALKING BY THE OCEAN

As I walked by the Atlantic Ocean today, listening to the sounds of the waves rolling in, felt the sand under my bare feet, watched the waves cresting with white foam, the words
“I walked today where Jesus walked,
And felt Him close to me.” (Geoffrey O’Hara)
were given to me by our Heavenly Father.  I was praying, as I walked for several of my friends who are facing heavy burdens and facing sorrow and sadness.

I thought how Jesus often walked by the Sea of Galilee and prayed for His friends and those of us who would follow Him down through the ages.  He heard the same sounds I heard, felt the sand under his bare feet and watched the waves cresting as they rolled in and felt sorrow, sadness and was comforted by the sights and sounds around him.  Like me, He communed with with His Father who always hears our prayers and the groaning of our hearts as we hurt for others and carry their needs to The Father through his son Jesus.

The presence of Jesus was so strong, I hated to leave the beach but I felt comforted and at peace as I walked back up the sand.  I know He heard my pleas for my friend who is mourning the death of a son, one who is facing a new diagnosis of cancer, and others who are facing many difficulties with business and family issues. He is so faithful to give us his peace and comfort as we walk these difficult paths and I pray my friends who I prayed for today will know they are being comforted by His presence.  

Thank you Father for the beauty of the sea and the comfort I find there. He is faithful to hear and answer all our prayers and we praise and thank Him always.

No comments: