AUTUMN COLOR IN SOUTH GEORGIA



Southern Snow

In South Georgia, our Autumn color is quite different than North Georgia or New England.  It is still quite warm here and without cold weather, leaves won't turn to those bright reds and yellows you find in other climates.  That is is fine with me, for I don't like cold weather at all.  If it is too cold for flip flops, it is too cold. 

This Sunday afternoon, I was about to go fishing and took some pictures in my yard and the field next door of the colors we have in November.  The cotton fields are white with fully opened cotton bolls waiting for the cotton pickers to come and gather them in.  Most of the time, the cotton grower does not own a cotton picker but hires someone who has one to harvest the crop.  Many of the cotton gins have pickers that farmers hire for this harvest.  The cotton fields are beautiful now and waiting to be picked. 

Cotton Bolls 

Sunset Over the Cotton Field
When I see the fields, I always think about the times in the past when our parents, grandparents and great- grandparents picked many fields by hand.  They would tell how their hands would bleed from being cut by the bolls and dragging the heavy sacks to the wagon.  Totally different world now!

Tulip Tree

It has been so warm, my poor Tulip tree is confused and blooming now rather than spring.  So pretty with the blue sky background.



 
These roses are still blooming in November

Our rose garden is still blooming and we are enjoying fresh bouquets in the house.  Beautiful and fragrant.

There is a little fall color around and this is a sample. 

Nandena berries










I hope you enjoy the beauty as much as I did.









No comments: