Apple Tart Recipe



I made this today and it is really good.

Apple Tart

1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust - don't get the one in a pan
3 - 4 pie apples - red or green - peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar - I used Splenda

2 Tbsp of plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
about 1/4 tsp of lemon zest - I just grated some on the apples before mixing with sugar
about 1 tsp of lemon juice - I sqeezed a little on the apples
1 Tbsp butter sliced in small pieces

Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pie crust.

I used my apple corer/slicer to cut the apples in wedges then sliced the wedges into thinner wedges. Mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Gently mix with the apples, add the zest and lemon juice and toss lightly. Don't break up the slices if possible. Place in the pie crust - I placed them one by one to make a nice pattern and made the center higher than edges. Scatter small pieces of butter over the pie in random fashion - lightly sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Partially fold crust inward over the apples - will not cover the whole pie.


Bake for 25 minutes then cover lightly with foil and bake for another 5 min. or until the crust is brown and apples are tender.

Cool, serve with Cool whip, whipped cream or ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.


"slap yo mama" for another piece good.


The Georgia Peach

No comments: