Bread Making

I follow a blog called Chicken in The Road, a delightful, wonderful blog and she had this delicious bread recipe at this link http://suzannemcminn.com/blog/2007/12/19/grandmother-bread/. I haven't made bread in many years but decided to try it again and this is the results - sooo good,

Mixed, kneaded and ready to rise. I find that kneading bread is an excellent stress reducer
After rising, divided into 2 loaves. Rolled one out and covered it with butter, cinnamon sugar and raisins. Rolled it up, tucked in ends and put in loaf pans. The other loaf is just plain bread.
2 loaves ready to rise and bake. Like Suzanne, I use glass loaf pans so I can see the ends to check for doneness. You also can bake at 25 degrees cooler.
Fresh out of the oven and cooling on the rack. I place a clean dishcloth over them to keep the top from getting so crusty. If you like it crusty, don't cover. Can you smell it?
Just one more to make ya'll wish you could join us for some warm bread, butter and coffee.
It is excellent sliced, buttered and toasted. It really is not that difficult with this recipe.
Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach

No comments: