Wednesday's Eats

Good evening. Ya'll come on in and sit a spell and we'll catch up on the news. Now I don't mean gossip, but just the news - that we saw or heard. Do you know what I heard? Well, let me tell you what she told me....... (use your imagination if the brain suckers haven't stolen it away.)

You remember what the brain suckers are don't you? That's all those earphones, ear buds, and anything else you stick in your ears to listen to the I phones, I pods, Blackberries or any other electronic device which fills your ears with noise.

This includes those Blue tooth things that hangs over your ears. It just gets my panties all in a wad and a wedgie to get around those people talking into those things and getting in my way. Just take the thing off, do your business, get in the car, go home, and get out of my way. Nobody is important enough to have to walk around 24/7 talking to someone I can't see and getting in my way. Get a life people!

Wanted to share a good recipe with you today. It is one I made up or adapted to make it quick and easy and use left-overs. It is a quick and easy Shepherd's Pie, which we really like.

Quick and Easy Shepherd's Pie
1 cup or about - leftover roast beef - cut in small, bite-sized pieces
1 can mixed vegetables - drained
1 cup gravy from roast
salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder (optional)
Any other seasonings you like
1 4.1 oz. package of instant mashed potatoes or 2 cups (I used the Ihahoan Buttery Yukon Gold flavored mashed potatoes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray or grease 9x9 casserole or equivalent round one
Cook the mashed potatoes according to package. I like to add a little milk to mine so they won't be so dry.
Combine the drained mixed vegetables, the cut up roast beef, and gravy. If you don't have enough gravy, add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup. Season to taste (you have to taste at this point to check for salt and pepper) and spoon into the casserole.
Place in microwave for about 5 - 6 minutes or until hot, but not bubbling.
Remove and drop the mashed potatoes by large spoonfuls over the top.
Bake in preheated oven until the potatoes are slightly brown on top.
I added some shredded cheddar cheese to the potatoes and you could sprinkle with chopped chives before serving. Serve with salad and bread for a complete meal.
You don't have to be exact in your measurements, 'bout is fine. It is a good meal and easy and tasted good the next day also. I like to use my leftovers in new and different ways and this is quite tasty.

You have to try the new dessert craze from Texas. My sister-in-love, Cindy brought some for us to try and we are hooked. They are called Cake Balls and there are numerous recipes on the Internet if you search this term. I made mine using a red velvet cake mix, cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate for dipping. Look it up for they are delicious.

That's about it for today and thank you for dropping by. You made my day! Good company is always welcome so ya'll come on by and I'll make a pot of coffee and I always have iced tea and cokes.

Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach

No comments: