Monday's Pictures

Good Monday evening to ya'll. I am having a brain-dead day today and nothing is coming to my brain to write, so I am going to share some of my pictures of old buildings here in Cook County and in Lowndes. These are a few of my favorites. You know I have a fascination for old buildings and like to imagine what they looked like when they were being lived in. You can almost here the laughter and conversations of the families. If walls could only talk.


This the Little Red House located behind our place on Old Union Road. I asked the owner of the property who owned it originally and they don't know. They just call it the Little Red House.








This is what is left of the original barn and as you can see it was built with logs.





This is the back of the house. It is in amazingly good condition.












This is and old store, I think, on Shiloh Road in Lowndes County. It has been gutted and someone keeps the grass cut.






An old barn in Lowndes County. It breaks my heart to see them falling down. The lines are there but sort of sagging.






This is a "pack" house or storage house at the old Rountree home place on Rountree Bridge Road in Cook County Georgia.





The old Rountree family home











This is a palmetto plant in the front yard. I liked the symmetry of the green plant and the old branch. This is God's floral arrangement.






This is a closer view of the storage house.









The following pictures are of a split-rail fence at the Rountree place. I was taken with the beauty of this hand built fence even though it is falling down.






The zig-zag lines of the fence are still strikingly pretty to me. Someone spent many hours arranging these rails to sit on top of each other with no nails that I could find.

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do. They tell a lovely story of hard work and usefulness from long ago.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: