Pear Tart



Good morning, ya'll. I hope the day is as beautiful where you are as it is here. It is a bright, sunshiny day and I am looking forward to enjoying it. Ya'll come on in for a cup of coffee and some pear tart. I used the last of my fresh pears my neighbor brought me and made a pear tart using a recipe I found online. Now you know me, I couldn't leave it alone but had to play around with it and the results are delicious. I thought some of you might want to make one also so here it is.


Fresh Pears in a Tart

1 pie crust - I used a store bought one
5 pears, peeled, cored and sliced - about 5 cups
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
3/4 cup raisin/cranberry mix (I buy it at the $ Tree)
2 Tbsp. butter
Zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Line a deep dish pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with pie crust
In small bowl mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
In large bowl mix the pear slices with the sugar mixture,raisins and cranberries and lemon juice. Dump this into the pie crust. Mound the pears toward the center if you are using the pie plate.
Zest the lemon over the pear mixture and dot with the butter.
Bake until the crust is brown and pears are tender. They will be slightly crunchy not mushy.

While this is cooking make a pear syrup to brush over the top

Pear Syrup

1/3 cup sugar
4 or 5 slices of pears
1/3 cup water

Combine in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until syrup thickens. I used some pear juice leftover from making my pear sauce. Set aside to cool slightly.

While the tart cools, generously brush the top with the warm syrup. This would be great served with ice cream or whipped cream on the top. If you sprinkle it with grated cheese while warm it would be yummy.

This is delicious and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Please click on the comment at the bottom of the posting and let me know how you liked it and what you served it with.

Good eating and nuff said,

The Georgia Peach
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: