Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta and Cherry Trifle

Flag and Cross by Frances Robson


Good evening. Come on in the house and have a coke for it is rather warm outside but not as hot as the first part of the week. We have had rain most days this week but that's OK for we needed it except for the peaches. If they have too much rain they will develop the brown rot and big, brown, rotten spots will appear on them and ruin them. We are going down to Barney tomorrow to get some and I will let you know how they are doing.

I hope ya'll are having a good holiday weekend and stay safe. We plan to stay to the house and just do our thing, whatever that may be. I need to be cleaning out kitchen cabinets for we are beginning to get ready to remodel our kitchen. Thank goodness we don't have to tear out all the cabinets for they were custom made for the house and are in great condition but we are going to put on new doors and hardware. Then there are the cabinet tops, tiled back splash, new appliances, losing a door and gaining space and on and on.

There are so many decisions to make and choices to choose from and I'm not too good at choosing stuff. Mama could see a room or a dress in her mind and make it happen but I didn't inherit that gene. I need pictures to help me so I am developing a notebook of pictures, notes and printouts from the computer. It is a big job and I want it to happen but I just wish I could take a trip and come home and it all be completed. Thank goodness for Mike and Kathy Hancock for they will be doing the work and they have great ideas and their tastes are a lot like mine. I kinda know what I want but not sure and maybe I will change my mind, but probably not but maybe. Now Mike don't panic for I'm just kidding, maybe, kinda.

I made a good dessert today and thought ya'll might want to make it too so I actually measured and wrote it down. I even took pictures and I put them in a collage and numbered them in order of preparation rather than upload 4 pictures. It really is good, so try it.

CHERRY TRIFLE

1 - 5.1 oz package of Vanilla instant pudding
3 – Cups cold milk
2 – Tbsp. lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
4 oz. cream cheese - softened
1 - 21 oz can of Cherry pie filling
1 – 12 oz. container of whipped topping
1 – 10 oz. pound cake- thinly sliced

Whisk pudding mix with 3 cups cold milk 2 minutes and add lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk just until mixed. In smaller bowl, whip cream cheese until softened and smooth. Add 1 cup of pudding mixture to cream cheese and whip until smooth and then add the cream cheese/pudding mixture to remaining pudding and whisk until mixed well. By mixing a small amount of pudding mixture to the cream cheese makes the mixture smoother when combined with the remaining pudding.

Take large glass bowl or trifle dish and line the bottom and about 3 inches up the sides with sliced pound cake. Begin layering with pudding/cream cheese mixture, then ½ can cherry pie filling, ½ container whipped topping. For the next layers use the pudding mixture, then whipped topping, then the cherry pie filling. Sprinkle the top with pound cake crumbs, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
By Frances Robson



It makes a great big bowl full so you can feed a whole bunch of people.

I also created a new chicken recipe yesterday and I do believe it is the BEST recipe I have come up with in a long time. It is easy and delicious so I really want to share this with you.

Creamy Basil Chicken Dinner

1 Creamy Basil Pasta Dinner by Romano’s Macaroni Grill
3 ¼ chicken broth
1 cup chopped cooked chicken or 1 can cooked chicken
1 cup chopped, fresh tomatoes
2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed, lemon juice
½ cup feta cheese
1 cup broccoli slaw mix

Prepare the dinner following directions on the box but substitute chicken broth for water. At step 2 add the chopped chicken and stir frequently for 2 minutes. At step 3 or after you add the pouch of creamy sauce and pouch of sun-dried tomatoes stir in the chopped tomatoes, broccoli slaw mix,and lemon juice, remove from heat, toss and let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with pouch of grated cheese and ½ cup feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Serves 6-8

I think it is the lemon juice and the feta cheese but this is delicious. You could use chopped baked chicken, grilled chicken breast or I used the Swanson canned chicken. Try it, and let me know how you like it. I ate and ate.

Well, now I'm hungry so I'm going to get something to eat. Ya'll come back to see us and be careful going home and have a great 4th of July.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach


No comments: