Peach Blueberry Dump Cake


Good evening, ya'll. I have been so busy this week getting my online Etsy shop - Yarn & More - ready to open, I haven't had time to write to ya'll. I haven't made but one sale so far but I had to start somewhere and hopefully I can sell more.

I want to share a recipe with ya'll that I made this week. Dump cakes have been a tried and true dessert for me to make but I found a new way to make it and I like it better. Of course, I had to add my touch to it and add a few ingredients and we thought it was better than the old way. I know you will like it too.

PEACH AND BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE

1 yellow cake mix
2 cups of peeled, sliced peaches - I like the fresh peaches but frozen will be fine
1 cup blueberries - fresh or frozen
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
zest of lemon
1 cup coconut
1 stick of butter
cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.

Spread 1/2 of the cake mix evenly in pan. Spread the blueberries on top of the cake mix and place the peach slices over the blueberries to cover. Squeeze the lemon juice over the peaches and sprinkle the zest. Cover this with the other half of the cake mix. Sprinkle the coconut over the cake mix and thinly slice the butter on top of the coconut. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake.

Bake for 50 minutes or until brown on top.
It is easy and delicious especially served warm with ice cream.

I hope you will try it and let me know what you think.

As you all know, I am a retired librarian and read most anything and everything, including the cereal box if that is all I have. This also means I read most everything which comes in the mail including the local shopper. This is that little paper which every community has which lists what people have to sell or want to buy. Knowing they operate on limited staff, I try not to be too critical but sometimes I just can't help it. It's like the devil gets behind me and whispers to go for it and criticize, and I do, and I did last night.

Spellcheck is a wonderful tool and I use it all the time but it doesn't understand context. This means that misspelled words creep in like kudzu and the ads are quite funny. I found several "funnies" in the shopper this week and I just know you want me to share with you and the devil is behind me pushing hard. Soooo, here they are:

FREE TO GOOD HOME: 2 part persian kittens, and 1 regular kitten.
Now will someone 'splain to me what a regular kitten is versus a persian kitten. Could this mean that persian kittens are not regular kittens and if not how are they different? Maybe they are from Persia or maybe they are colored like a Persian rug. Also, what is a regular kitten? I am completely confused and I looked up "regular kitten" on the Net and found no information, so maybe you can help me.

Wanted: Drummer & Rhythm Guitarist between the ages of 15 to 19. We are a new band in the A____ area. Must have own internments.
Does this mean this person must have a pre-paid burial plan? I wonder if a good burial insurance policy will do and isn't 15 - 19 a little young to be requiring "own internment"? Seems like they would have a few good years left to play for them. Also makes me wonder just how dangerous it is to play with this band.

Help wanted: Experienced (or willing to learn) retain salesperson.
This makes me wonder just what kind of store this would be. A "retain" person must be one they want to keep. Just wondering.

I just love to read these ads and look for misspellings. Doesn't take much to entertain me does it? But after all, I was raised in South Alabama, in the country, back in the dark ages and we didn't have a whole lot of things to entertain us and we learned to make do with a little.

I hope tomorrow is not as hot as it has been today but I 'spect it will be for it is July in South Georgia. Have to go tomorrow and get "beautified" at the beauty salon. It's interesting that they call it a "beauty" salon when most of us are really "beauties" when we leave just improved average folks. Wish Robert could work miracles and remove 20 years of wrinkles.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see us. It was great talking to ya'll tonight and now I think I will call it a night.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach




No comments: