Sour Cream Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes

Bumper on the Keys by Frances Robson


Good evening. Come on in and sit a spell for it is sprinkling rain outside. It's that strange rain with sunshine in part of the yard and cloudy in the other part and raining occasionally. When it does that, the old saying is that the Devil is beating his wife with a frying pan. Have no idea where it came from but I guess the sun is the wife smiling, the clouds are the husband frowning and the rain is his tears of pain. If that is the scenario, I am sure he deserved it.

I am enamoured with the new Food TV show - Cup Cake Wars. Some of those cupcakes sound soooo good and I never knew you could make so many flavors and add so many ingredients. Not all of them turn out just right but most sound delicious and so yesterday I concocted a new cupcake.

Now I didn't start from "scratch" like they do for I believe in "keeping is simple stupid" as the old saying goes. I used a mix and they are really good and I sure am glad for they are to take to the church tomorrow for the Son's of Jubal Concert snack time. I will take pictures of them when I get them arranged on a plate but you have got to try them.

SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE MOCHA CUPCAKES

1 package devil’s food or chocolate cake mix or chocolate cake mix of choice
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sour cream
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup strong, cold coffee
3 large eggs
1 tsp. black walnut or vanilla flavoring

Makes 24 cupcakes – line cupcake pans with cupcake liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Place cake mix, cocoa powder, sour cream, oil, coffee, eggs and flavoring in large mixing bowl and blend with electric mixer on low for 1 minute then increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of pan with spatula as needed.

Fill each cup 2/3 way full. 1 ice cream scoop of batter per cup works fine.
Place pans in pre-heated oven and bake until the cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed with your finger and toothpick inserted in the middle cones out clean: 25 – 28 minutes.

Remove from oven and place cupcakes on wire racks until cool.

Frost with chocolate, cream cheese frosting.

Let me know what you think about them when you try them.

Well, I'm going to go get ready for prayer meeting and choir practice and I need to brush my hair really well. Robert worked his magic with a cut and blow dry this morning but it looks like a white football helmet with all the hairspray and I just can't stand that. If a tornado comes through, my hair will still look good when it's gone but because there are none in the near future, I am about to brush the hair spray out. I like the naturally tousled look so off to brush and then run my fingers through it.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see me. Enjoy the cupcakes and add a cold, glass of milk along with them.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: