Back but Tired




Good evening, ya'll. I know I have been gone awhile but this remodeling gig is a pain in the back, the hips and legs. Crawling around on the floor, climbing the ladder many times cutting and placing shelf liner is hard on old folks. They have finished the work on the kitchen so now it is the unpacking and getting everything back in place.

I have to rethink where some of the stuff goes for I lost a cabinet so having to think where would be the best place to put some pots and pans. When we packed up, we didn't sort and toss so as I unpack I am tossing those things I don't need or haven't used. We have a place here called House of Grace which is a home for men who need a little help and they have a yard sale every Saturday with donated items. It is a great place to donate for the work they do is wonderful. It's amazing how much stuff I don't use but have kept.

The shelves are being lined with wallpaper for I have found this is the cheapest and easiest to put in place. I get it at the Habitat Restore store and I got 2 rolls of vinyl finished, pre-pasted paper for less than 1/2 the price of 1 roll. It is very similar to the pattern of the counter tops and looks good. I don't put it down like wallpaper but just dampen the back so that it will stick slightly but be easy to pull up when I want to replace it. If it gets dirty, just wipe with a damp cloth.

I am going to wait to post pictures until I get everything back in place for the counter tops are littered with stuff until I can put it up. Right now it looks a mess. I tried the new stove this morning for the first time and I think I need to read the instruction book for it is too fancy just to begin pushing buttons and turning knobs. I have become quite friendly with the microwave but the stove is a little more complicated. It did cook oatmeal well this morning.

The picture above is Lakepoint in Eufaula, AL where would like to be for I am tired of all this stuff and stuff and stuff. Ready to get away and chill for a few days and we will be going up the week of Thanksgiving. Lakepoint Lodge cooks a great Thanksgiving dinner and I don't have to do a thing but eat, go back to the room and take a nap. Sounds good and if it is pretty may go fishing later that afternoon.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see me.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: