Don't Give Up

Good morning, ya'll and come on in and have a cup of coffee. I don't have but a few minutes for we are in the last 2 days of Operation Christmas Child collection week at the church and we will be up there all afternoon. Prayerfully there will be lots of boxes coming in for we have not reached our goal of 600. Maybe tomorrow at church lots of people will bring boxes filled with gifts.

I am taking pictures of our remodeled kitchen and will post them in the next few days, I hope. This has been an interesting experience with many challenges for me and most of the cabinet contents are still in boxes to be unpacked and put up. Tossing those things I don't need is an exercise in futility sometimes but I am getting better.

It dawned on me to unpack those things I need from each box, put them up and then give away what's left in the box. Of course I will need them later but they will be gone away and I will devise a way to use something else. We have too much stuff and a lot of it is going away - hopefully, maybe, YES. I am trying to convince myself.

Have to go and collect boxes and pack them in shipping cartons. If you have not participated in Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan's Purse, I can guarantee you there is a collection point near you and if you go to their website you can find a location. For less than 20 dollars you can impact 1 or 2 children for life and bring them a great deal of joy. Come on, get a shoebox, fill it up and take it to a collection center by early Monday morning.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: