The Missing Object

Early Morning on Lake Eufaula by frances robson


Good evening and how are ya'll? Come on in and get warm by the fire for it is still cold outside though we had a beautiful day. I even came out of hibernation and picked up limbs which had fallen in the yard. It was sunny and not warm but warmer and the exercise felt good for I have been playing "bear" as in hibernating.

Have you ever lost something but you know you didn't lose it and it's not really lost but just misplaced? Did you follow that? I know I have not thrown it away, it's right where I put it but I don't remember where I put it and when I find it, it won't be lost which it never was, just didn't know where it was.

I do this a lot and always have. Because I have ADD and or ADHD, my mind just jumps right to another thought while I am in the midst of putting something away and trying to go back to that spot in my thoughts can sometimes, or most of the time, be a fruitless endeavor. The positive aspect about this problem is that I do a lot of cleaning and tossing while I am trying to find what I lost or didn't really lose just misplaced it. There are times I don't ever find it so that is really lost but most of the time I find it so it wasn't really lost, just hidden.

Today in looking for a small object that I cannot find, I have cleaned out my craft supply storage and organized the chest of drawers of yarn. My yarn is all organized by color in the drawers and my beads and beading supplies are now in somewhat good order. Did I find the the little button cover I was looking for? Well, no I didn't but I am not counting it lost until I look some more and then if I don't find it, I will declare it lost, but right now it is just missing.

I have a new recipe for you that I came up with to use some leftover french fries. You know by now that "frugal Frances" is not going to throw anything away, especially food. We had take out last night and Julie is always very generous with the french fries so we had lots left. I have usually just reheated them in the oven but thought surely there must be a better way to use them in a new way. Looking on the Internet was almost fruitless but I finally found one I could adapt to what we liked and it turned out really well. Roy said it was a keeper and worthy to be posted so here it is if you have leftover french fries.


Potato and Egg Scramble

4 eggs
1 cup leftover french fries – cut in cubes
½ cup chopped onions
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes or chopped fresh tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
¾ cup grated cheese - more if you would like

Directions:
Beat the eggs and set aside. Saute the onions in 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
until slightly wilted. Add the cup up french fries and saute until hot.
Add the tomatoes and eggs scramble slightly and let set until cooked.
Sprinkle with cheese, take off the heat and slide onto plate and serve.
Options: Add crumbled bacon just before the eggs or other chopped
meat such as ham or cooked sausage.
I also thought it would be good to add about 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper with the onion. It is a recipe you could add or leave out some of the ingredients to please your family. You don't really taste the french fries as such but it just adds a good flavor and we really enjoyed it. Let me know if you tried it and how you liked it.

Another recipe I will share is one I made using a boxed mix from the pantry. I am trying to use some of the items I have had awhile and they need to be used or tossed and this is one I "doctored" up a little and it came out well. I had a skillet lasagna mix I had not used and came up with this recipe and Roy gave it his stamp of approval so I will share it with you also. Let me know what you think.

Skillet Lasagna

Ingredients:
1 box skillet lasagna dinner
1 cup grated cheese of choice
2 cups browned hamburger , crumbled or 2 leftover hamburgers
2 garlic cloves chopped finely
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped carrots
3 cups beef broth
½ cup salsa

Directions:
Brown 1 lb of hamburger meat or use leftover hamburgers crumbled.
Add the chopped onion, carrots and garlic to the meat and then add
broth, pasta, sauce mix, and salsa and cook for about 15 minutes or
until pasta is tender. Remove from heat, uncover and sprinkle with
the cheese and let sit about 5 minutes. Before adding the cheese you
can pour the mixture into the serving dish and then sprinkle with
cheese.
I like to brown several pounds of hamburger in a colander in the microwave, let it cool and divide into 2 cup portions and freeze to use later. This would be a good way to use this or I had a couple of hamburgers I had frozen so I thawed those out and used them.

I hope you try these and let me know what you think and I think I am going to bed for I am tired after all that looking and cleaning. Don't worry, I will find that little button cover or if I don't I will mark it "lost" but meanwhile it is just missing.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see me on the 'Net Porch.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: