Let Their Be Sight

King Bumper Ready for Bed by frances robson


Ya'll come on in the house and sit a spell for it has been a long time since I have written anything but I have had cataract surgery and didn't feel like writing. My sight was also fuzzy but getting better every day and not wearing glasses all the time is wonderful. I began wearing glasses when I was 15 and they were the first things I reached for in the morning and the last thing I pulled off at night for without them I was about helpless. I am now having only to wear the little reading glasses for small print and that is fine for I can do everything else without them.

That surgery has come a long way, Baby, in the last 20 years for it is really simple. Not only did he remove the cataracts but implanted new lens so I can see well. You used to spend days in the hospital and now you go in and out of outpatient surgery in a matter of hours. It is amazing what they can do in a few hours for you go from seeing dimly to seeing brightly. The colors are wonderful and everthing is so bright. Having the film of cataracts removed has given me fresh sight.

There are a couple of downsides to this however, for I can see all the dust, spiderwebs, dirty baseboards, and all the things I needed to clean before and hadn't done it. So, now I am cleaning and cleaning trying to make everything shiny and clean like my sight. I tried pulling the drapes and dimming the lights but the dust is still there so I will just have to clean it.

The other sight I had to get used to was seeing the wrinkles and age spots I had not been able to see. That was quite a shock for I wanted to ask who was the old woman in the mirror? Low and behold it was me and I grabbed the age spot fading cream and began to slather on the wrinkle cream. Haven't noticed it doing much good but I guess I will be continuing to try although it is about impossible to erase the signs of time without a little nip and tuck here and there and in my case everywhere.

I look forward to a total healing and I am so thankful this surgery is available. I have been doing a little cooking and have one recipe to share with you. After watching Rachel Ray use her waffle iron to cook most everything I decided to try some of my own ideas. I had a box of blueberry muffin mix and I like to add orange to the blueberry flavor and so I made waffles from the muffin mix and they are really good. I know you will like them also so let me know what you think.

Blueberry Orange Waffles

1 18.25 oz. box blueberry muffin mix
1 cup orange juice - fresh squeezed if you have it
3 Tbsp. oil
1 egg
1 tsp. orange flavoring
zest of one orange

Mix the orange juice, oil, and egg in small bowl before adding to the muffin mix. Stir only until mixed and add the flavoring the the orange zest and mix lightly. Don't overmix or they will be tough. Make the waffles using a pre-heated waffle iron and serve with blueberry syrup and butter.

This makes a softer waffle but they are really good. I used a Paula Deen muffin mix but any mix of this size will be good. I also found some really good blueberry syrup at Big Lots. it is made over at Thomasville, GA and is called Mama's Choice and is almost pure blueberry juice. Not sure I can afford it anywhere but Big Lots but it is excellent. We plan to go over to Thomasville and see if we can visit the plant where they make it. They use blueberries from the area and also make several other items. I have included a link for you.

I thought that these would also be good while they are warm and soft to mold them to a dessert dish and fill with fruit and top with ice cream. You could also keep some in the freezer and pop them in the toaster for a quick breakfast.

Let me know what you think about them but I plan to make them often.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see me.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: