Baked T Bone Steak

Lake Eufaula Alabama by frances robson

Good evening and come on in out of the rain and I say that with joy. We are dry down here in south Georgia and need every drop we can get. The sound of rain is beautiful and is a good time for reading and napping. So come on in for a cup of coffee for I have a couple recipes to share with you.

We like steak and I like to grill them on a griddle on top of the stove but I have a problem. Our smoke alarm is so sensitive that when I grill the steaks, the alarm goes off and then I get a phone call from the alarm company. We also don't like to fire up our gas grill for 2 or 3 steaks so I began to look for a way to bake them so they would be tender and juicy.

I found this recipe on the Net and added my own touches to it and we like the results. Before you put the steaks into the dish you can sear them in a hot griddle if you like but they are good if you don't.

Baked T-Bone steaks

4 T-Bone steaks
1/2 bottle Worcestershire sauce
1 sm. jar liquid smoke
1 c. red wine or beef broth
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional - garlic powder, onion powder, or other seasonings of choice

This can be halved easily

Line baking dish with heavy foil. Put steaks in dish. Mix and pour all ingredients over steaks. Bake, uncovered at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked to your taste. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the steaks and how done you like your steaks. For 1 inch steak, medium done, I cook about 20 – 30 minutes. Remove from dish, place on cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for about 5 minutes and serve. I like to slice them into thin slices across the grain and serve. The juices are delicious served on the side to pour over baked potatoes.

I served these with baked potatoes, split and the pan juices poured over them, green bean salad and toasted french bread.

Try this and let me know what you think.

Smoothies are one of our favorite breakfast meals and this one is a favorite. The mango juice I use is bought at SAMS Club and is in individual packages of about 11 oz. but I also the juice I buy in the jar. The best tasting is the one I buy in the ethnic section and is pure juice with no sugar added. This smoothie is delicious and is good any time of the day.

Peach Mango Smoothie

1 ½ cup mango juice
2 peaches – peeled and sliced or 1 cup frozen peaches
2 cartons peach yogurt
1 cup milk

Blend all ingredients in blender. Makes 2 smoothies

I hope you enjoy these and let me know what you think.

Ya'll be careful going home and come back to see me. Try the recipes and let me know what you think.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: