Breakfast

Jekyll Island GA Friend


Good morning and I'm not dead or sick just procrastinating.  I am a master of this and have not posted because I have been lazy but as I told a friend at school last week, I have earned the right to be lazy if I want to.  He agreed with me and said he was looking forward to retirement when he could be lazy too. 

We are going to a new doctor for pain management for my sweet husband and sweetheart and it is working.  He is having acupuncture for chronic pain related to a back problem and after the second treatment his pain is better and we are looking forward to continued progress.

  Dr. Mansberger in Thomasville GA is the doctor and he also suggested we begin a no carb or low carb diet for sugar makes pain spike.  We have begun trying and are cutting back but breakfast was challenging but I am finding some good ideas.  We needed to leave off the grits (Roy's favorite food) and cut back on the bread so these are some ideas I am using.  These can also be used for anyone and are some good ideas for easy and quick breakfasts.

In preparation for breakfast:

Bake sausage patties in the oven and store in refrigerator or freezer
Bake a couple of pounds of bacon and do the same
Chop peppers - bell, banana, and hot if you like and store in fridge
Chop an onion and do the same
Keep cherry tomatoes or your choice of tomato types
Grate cheeses of choice and store in fridge

Super Duper Scrambled Eggs
Beat eggs - 2 per person - until frothy and set aside.
Crumble the bacon or sausage and put in hot skillet.  Add onion and peppers and saute until warm and add the eggs.  Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the  shredded cheese and chopped tomato and scramble until done. 

Pour into serving bowl and sprinkle with additional cheese if you like.

I serve this with 1 slice of whole wheat sandwich thin and applesauce.

For a quick, to-go breakfast, roll a serving in a flour tortilla and eat as you go.  This would be a good idea for children also they can eat this on the way to school.

You can add any ingredient which you like to the eggs such as hot peppers, ham, or seasonings of choice. 

Having all the ingredients cooked or chopped and stored in fridge makes it quick and easy and teens could fix their own nutritious breakfast.  You can also use egg substitutes if you like.

Try this and let me know what you think and I'm going to fix some eggs.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: