Egg McRobson by frances robson

Wow, 2 days in a row!  Ya'll come on in and try out another easy  breakfast recipe which you can freeze and eat later if you like.  I am always looking for a nutritious breakfast which is delicious, easy and nutritious and this is all of these.  Being able to freeze it is just another great big plus. 

I won't take credit for the idea for I got the initial recipe from this wonderful blog http://www.macheesmo.com/2010/03/breakfast-sandwiches/.  It had been posted on Pinterest and I knew when I looked at it I had to try it  with my twists.  You know me, I can't leave a recipe alone and I use what I have rather than run to the store.  When you live out in the country you learn to make-do and this time it worked well. So, here is my version and I call it "Egg McRobson."  The top picture is the finished product and my husband gave it a thumbs up.  I did 6 and I am freezing 4 but you can make any number you need.

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease or spray non-stick spray your muffin tins.
Put an egg in each cup (if you don't want to fix 6, put about a Tablespoon of water in the empty cups)
Place in preheated oven for 15 - 20 min.  In my oven, it took about 17 minutes for a well done egg.  If you want it softer, cut back the time.

The original recipe call for Canadian bacon but I didn't have any so I used ham slices and cut them into circles with biscuit cutter.  I used one slice on my first ones but 2 slices are better. You could also use cooked bacon.


After the eggs are done, place the split English muffins on a baking sheet.  I used the cinnamon raisin muffins for that is what I had but you could use the ones you like.
Put the ham slices on one half of the muffins and grated cheese on the other half and put it under the broiler until the ham curls and the cheese melts.


Run a knife around the eggs so that they will remove easily. 


Remove the muffins from the oven and place an egg on each muffin.  I place them on the ham side.  The eggs remove easily with a fork run around the edges and lift gently.

Place the tops on and have breakfast, lunch or dinner.  We put jelly on ours and it even better.  Use whatever additions you like and enjoy such as butter, mustard, salt and pepper.

If you made extra, put them on a baking sheet and freeze, then wrap in plastic wrap  or foil and place in zipper bag and keep in the freezer. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees, unwrap the muffin, place on baking sheet and heat for about 25 minutes.  I tried the microwave and it is not good - soggy.  Use the regular oven. 

I hope you like these and thank you to Nick and this great website for the recipe. 

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach


1 comment:

Lizzi said...

This is awesome! Now I'm hungry again lol.