Pecan Cinnamon Rolls

Red Bird and Dove pictures I took in my back yard this morning.

Good morning and come on in for a hot cup of coffee and a little conversation.  The pictures above were taken this morning from my sunroom and I cut off flash and took them through the glass.  They came out pretty well I thought.  The redbird was sitting in a rose bush by the window but the dove was out in the yard with 5 others.  These were taken with my close up lens and then cropped.  If I had opened the door, they would have flown away so I use this method quite often and like the results.  I am using a Nikon D40 and it is easy to use and makes good pictures.

I have a new Christmas decoration peeve!!  I am so tired of seeing the inflatable Santa Clause cemeteries in front yards.  The icicle lights which hang from the eaves year round are bad enough but now many of their yards are littered with "dead" Santas, reindeer, sleighs and other holiday "blow up" decorations.  It is bad enough when they are inflated but deflated and lying the yards is just plain tacky. It looks like someone with a rifle came through and had target practice - I have been tempted.

This is right up there with flamingos, toilets full of plastic flowers and beds of silk flowers surrounding the house.  I just can't understand why they would leave these kinds of tasteless objects in their yards and seem to enjoy living with them.  Whatever happened to the beautiful white lights, wreaths with red bows, gold accents and a spotlight or two to highlight the front of the house?  If you are one of the guilty, please bury your "dead" decorations. My good Southern Mama would have a real hissy fit over the lack of "good taste" as she would say.  Enough about that and on we go.

I am sharing another quick and easy breakfast idea that I baked last week and they are very good.  I am calling them Pecan Cinnamon Rolls but I also stuck a few raisins among the pecans (pe-cahns not pee-cans).  This another of my pet peeves for those of us from Alabama and Mississippi usually say pe-cahns and the pee-cans go under the bed for emergencies.

Enjoy this quick easy breakfast and I served them with a fresh orange and grapefruit fruit bowl.  We are enjoying picking our own citrus for they taste so good.
Pecan Cinnamon Rolls

1 can cinnamon rolls (I used Pillsbury Grands)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup raisins
melted butter
Pre-heat oven according to instructions on the can
Spray a round cake pan with non stick spray
Open the can of rolls and unroll them and loosely re-roll them.  Tuck the chopped pecans and raisins in the rolls and sprinkle some of the pecans on the tops.
Brush with melted butter and place in oven and bake until slightly browned on top.  Remove from oven and spread with the provided frosting. 
They are quite good and an easy way to make something good delicious.




Let me know if you try these and how you liked them.

Ya'll have a good day and come back to see us and I most always have a pot of coffee ready to share.

Nuff said about my pet peeves,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: