Chocolate Cake Waffles



Chocolate Cake Waffle

Good evening and Happy Valentine's Day to all.  This holiday is always very special to me for I have had the same sweetheart for 50 years and we are still very much in love.  Each year he gives me a card that expresses his love for me and makes me feel very loved and appreciated and I have each and every one of them.  These cards are more precious than any box of chocolates or roses of any color for they say those words that are sometimes hard for us to say.  They will be treasured and maybe someday our children and grandchildren will look at them and know how much we love each other.

I wanted to make a special dessert for dinner tonight but time was running short and thought about the red velvet cake waffle that Rachel Ray had shown on her TV program yesterday and I knew I could adapt it with what I had and make a delicious dessert we would enjoy.  This is the original recipe link http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/red-velvet-waffles-cream-cheese-drizzle/ and I want to make it one day but I had to substitute what I had so this is my version.

Chocolate Cake Waffle Topped with Peaches and Strawberries

1 chocolate cake mix
1 1/3 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients and blend well. 
Spray waffle iron with non stick spray and pre-heat according to waffle iron instructions.
Using the cake batter, make 8 waffles.  It will take about 5 minutes per waffle.  Remove from waffle iron and place in one layer on large plate or platter.  After they cool completely you can stack them to store and I keep mine in the refrigerator.

Peaches and Strawberry Topping

2 cups frozen peaches
2 cups fresh, sliced strawberries
1 tsp. cinnamon

Microwave peaches for 5 minutes and stir in cinnamon.  Add the fresh strawberries and gently combine.  Sugar can be added if you like but I didn't for I wanted the slightly tart flavor and the natural flavor of the fruit. 

Stack 2 or 3 of the chocolate cake waffles, spoon the fruit over the top and add whipped cream or whipped topping.  Top with strawberry and serve.  The fruit was slightly warm but not hot.

It is a delicious dessert and I hope you will try it.  You can use whatever fruit topping you like and fresh peaches and strawberries would be wonderful. 

I hope you will try it and let me know what you think. 
Have a great Valentine's Day and tell someone special that you love them.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach




No comments: