Easy Biscuits and Sausage Patties

 7-Up Biscuits

Good afternoon from down in South Georgia on a beautiful, spring day.  We have ridden around the farms around us on the EZ Go and saw lots of fresh green grass, wild forsythia climbing the trees and trees budding out everywhere we looked.  Lovely way to spend a little time and know that God is showing us His created beauty and that new life comes from life that looked dead but was only sleeping.  Spring always brings me hope.

I wanted to share a really, easy biscuit recipe I found on Pinterest - which I am now addicted to - that anyone can make and bake.  They rise beautifully and are delicious and are good to split and toast the next day with a little butter spread on them. 

These will be nice and delicious for sausage and biscuits so I am going to share with you my way of having cooked sausage patties ready to eat anytime.  Split one of the biscuits and add a sausage patty with a little jelly and you will "slap yo mama" for another one.

The biscuit recipe can be found at this website: http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/04/7up-biscuits.html which has many good recipes you will enjoy.  I did not have 7 Up but had Sprite which I used and it worked just as well for you don't really taste it but it adds a little bit of sweetness and makes a light, fluffy biscuit. This recipe only has 3 ingredients so are also inexpensive and you will love them.

A couple of tips to remember when making biscuits is not to stir too much or beat the dough.  I mix mine with my fingers and gently knead to combine the ingredients.  When all the ingredients are incorporated it will be a little crumbly but put your dough on a lightly floured surface and gently knead until mixed.  Pat them out with your hand into a circle and cut with biscuit cutter and don't twist your cutter but flour, press down and pick up.  This will help them rise higher and be flaky.

You just have to try these and even a novice biscuit baker will have a wonderful, hot, and delicious biscuit.  Let me know what you think.

Because these will be so good with a sausage patty tucked inside, I want to share with you how I have found is an easy way to always have them in the freezer and ready to heat and eat.
We like to buy our sausage from a local butcher who makes his own sausage or buy deer sausage from another butcher.  It is usually in 1, 2 or 3 pound packages so as you can see, I use my ice cream scoop to make the sausage into large balls.
Take a small bowl, place on top of the sausage ball and press gently to flatten.  Twist the bowl slightly and lift.


Preaheat oven to 375 degrees, line a baking pan with foil, and I place a cookie cooling rack on the top of the pan and place the patties on this.  All the grease drips into the pan and they will cook evenly and shrink less.  When they are done, you can turn on the broiler and let them brown if you like.

As you can see they brown evenly and pat them with a paper towel and place them on a paper towel to remove most of the fat.


Eat them while they are hot or put some of them in a plastic bag, seal, and freeze.  Reheat wrapped in foil in a 350 degree oven or microwave for about a minute.  They are also good to reheat, place on split biscuit and cover with pepper gravy. 

I buy packages of sausage when they are on sale and cook and freeze for later to save money and for a quick and easy meal.  If you can find a local butcher who makes sausage, you can usually get better sausage and seasoned as you like. 

I hope you enjoy these 2 ideas for we surely do.  Write me a comment and let me know what you think and thanks to Plain Chicken blog for the great recipe.

Ya'll come back to see me and have a great weekend.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

1 comment:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I just may have to try those biscuits.....I have been making frozen ones that take 3 hours to defrost and rise and I never remember to take them out early enough! My husband will LOVE the sausage!