Pancake Muffins or Puffins

 Puffins or Pancake Muffins

Good evening and come in for a visit and try a new recipe.  I found this one on Pinterest, which is addictive, and tried this morning for breakfast.  The ones I made today were made with strawberry syrup, milk and sandwich ham which I chopped and browned before adding to the top of the muffin.

We ate them with peaches and strawberries which I had frozen, thawed and microwaved for about 5 minutes with sugar and cinnamon to taste.  They are quick, easy and I have all kinds of flavors and ingredients running around in my mind which I plan to try.

These will be a quick breakfast or snack and great for breakfast on the go or to pack in a lunch box.  I am going to try freezing some and then warming them in the microwave and if they are good I will post it. 

This recipe was originally a Bakerella recipe which has been adapted and changed by many people but the link is for the original idea.

Some the combinations I want to try are blueberry syrup with fresh or frozen blueberries on top, toasted pecan syrup with cooked bacon or sausage, maple syrup with bacon, cane syrup with fresh peaches, and on and on I could go.  I also thought about baking them in the mini muffin or muffin top tins and doubling the recipe for holiday breakfasts or brunches. 
You can Google pancake muffins and access many different recipes and some use pancake mix and some use pancake from scratch



Pancake Muffins or Puffins

Preheat oven to 350
Grease or spray 6 cup muffin tin

1 c pancake mix – I use the whole grain mix or whole wheat but use your favorite mix
2/3 c milk or fruit juice of choice
1/2 c syrup – cane syrup, maple syrup, strawberry, blueberry, or the flavor of your choice

Mix together, pour in greased muffin pan. Top with banana, blueberries, chocolate chips, pecans, sausage, bacon....etc.
Bake for 12-14 minutes and serve.

Be sure and try these and ya'll come back to see me.

Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach

No comments: