Apple Muffins


I box Spice Cake Mix or Carrot Cake Mix
1 can apple pie filling
1 egg (lightly beaten)
4 T. lemon juice – one lemon

Mix well with large spoon until all the dry mix is mixed with other ingredients (do not beat with mixer)

Fill oiled or sprayed muffin tins (18 muffins)

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Test a few of them and I use a round toothpick

Remove from muffin tins and let cool on a rack. These are moist and delicious and taste more like cake than muffins.
I wanted something sweet today and didn't want to go to too much trouble so I looked to see what mixes I had on hand.  I adapted this muffin recipe from the Weight Watchers' Pumpkin Muffin recipe.

They are very good and should freeze well.  I am going to freeze individual muffins in zip top bags and see how they taste in about 1 month

Ya'll come back.
Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach


No comments: