SEASIDE CONTEMPLATION


On this chilly, windy day, I felt the need to walk the beach despite the cold.  As I began my walk with my head down looking for shells to add to my growing collection, I began to feel very sad.  Thinking about all my family and friends who are no longer with us I grieved for them and wished that they were still here. I miss them so much.

As I walked with head down and a few tears trickling down my cheeks I heard a whisper telling me to lift my head, look at the beauty of the waves and the blue sky with white clouds floating overhead and remember the God who made all of this is also my Heavenly Father.  He reminded me with the sound of the waves brushing the sands that I am enfolded with His love and that these loved ones are still with me and will always be a part of me.

It was as if I was surrounded by those saints who have gone ahead - mama, daddy, my brother, my husband of 50 years and so many more who are now praising God in His presence.  They will always be with me in my memories that are so precious and I am thankful  that I have these treasures. 



Still walking and listening to my Heavenly Father comfort me I noticed a type of shell on the beach that I have often found broken but never a whole one.  There lying in the sand was a small, whole, Angel wing shell.  I carefully picked it up for they are fragile and easily broken and then found 3 more.  Does God send us signs?  Maybe so for these reminded me that there are angels all around and we sometimes feel the brush of angel wings in our life.  God is so good.

Feeling at peace and praising the Father for the comfort He brought to me all I could do was sing "Praise God from whom all blessings flow".  He has also blessed me with a sweet, strong and fine man, Lindsay, to be my companion, friend and husband in our latter years.  Praise Him from whom all blessing flow. 

The sun has set, darkness has moved in but my heart is at peace and I know all those wonderful Saints who have gone ahead are praising God perfectly and some day we will praise Him all together. Thank you Father.

No comments: