4th Of July 2020


Long may our flag fly over "the home of the brave and land of the free". In this year of 2020, I think this description of our beloved United States of America, could become untrue if we who love our country don't speak out and stand up for our belief in "One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all". We are going to lose these rights if don't wake up and look around and see what is happening to our country and do our part in making sure it does not. 'This is not a political speech for any person, party or group but my thoughts on our country's future during these turbulent times.   

I am an older women who loves my country, waves the flag, sings the National Anthem with right hand over my heart, and recites the pledge of allegiance with tears in my eyes.  There are members of my family who have fought in every war in the history of the  USA and are serving in active duty at this time.  Freedom of speech, religion, right to bear arms and the blessing of being allowed to vote my convictions are vital to me and I will do all I can to keep these intact. 

 I will NOT kneel when the Star Spangled Banner is being played or sung for I only kneel to God, my Heavenly Father.  Shame on those millionaire athletes who use this time in the public eye to put on the sham of caring for others.  Some may care but instead of kneeling in a stadium, use their money to help those in need, serve in a food pantry, get out of their mansions and live with the "real" people,  Allowing athletes who make way to much money to mold our youth's patriotism is a shame and disgrace.  Wow, got that off my chest.  Agree or not, I have freedom speech too.

Marching in protest is our right but not rioting, looting, stealing, and causing bodily harm to those who disagree with your beliefs is just WRONG. Get off the streets, work in a soup kitchen, grow a garden and give the food to those who need it, tutor someone who can't read, give some of your expensive clothes I see some of you wearing, to those who need them.  Be unselfish, not self-centered, and respect and serve others.  Marching and shouting is easy but  working to solve the problems is difficult.  Get out of the streets and into the real world and work for a solution. 

The year 2020 will go down in history as the year of the Corona virus pandemic, racial unrest, economic uncertainty, being separated from each other for fear of spreading the Covid 19 virus, long awaited events being cancelled and the list goes on and on.  It's also a presidential election year and our politicians seem bound and determined to divide us into two warring camps who cannot work together for the good of our country.  I become more discouraged and saddened each time I read or watch the news for you cannot trust much of anything you read or hear.  

Despite all the doom and gloom, disrespect for our flag and country, rebellion, burning, looting, and marching, I remain hopeful that our country can weather these storms and become a better country who respects all lives and allows each other to have differing opinions.  

God has assured us in 2 Chronicles 7:14
(King James Version)

14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

In Psalm 23 if find great comfort in these verses:

"4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."

My prayer for all of us on this day is that we will stop, take a deep breath, fall on our knees, look upward to our Heavenly Father, tell Him how much we love and adore Him, confess our sins, and pray with awe and reverence that He will come and heal our nation.  Let us always remember to pray that His will be done and not ours but He said come to me when you tired and discouraged and I will give your rest.  Thank you Lord, bless our nation.

This is not my usual blog posting but I thank you for letting me express my thoughts and maybe it will make you think a little bit.

Happy Independence Day and may it remain the home of the brave. 

Nuff said,
The Georgia Peach 




No comments: