Creole Jambalaya

Good morning from a warm, sunny South Georgia. It is 70+ degrees and wonderful - I love living in the south and no I don't miss seeing the seasons change. I like summer all year.

I was preparing one of our favorite meals and thought I would share it with you.

Creole Jambalaya

1 box Tony Chachere’s Jambalaya Dinner Mix (Can use any brand of a 5 oz. Mix)
1 cup water
1 can of tomatoes – chopped and undrained
1 Tbsp. Dried onion
½ Tbsp. Dried garlic
¾ lb smoked sausage links – sliced (options – chopped cooked chicken, chopped cooked ham, or seafood of choice)
Combine the mix, water, tomatoes and juice, onion, garlic and meat in pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 25 min. Stir occasionally and cook until rice is tender.
I serve with toasted French bread, rye bread, brown bread or cornbread. Add a salad and a meal is served.

Today we ate it with tender cooked cabbage and brown bread. Just add some iced tea (sweet of course) and eat it up. Why not down, I don't know, but either way it is, "Slap yo mama for another bite" good. Wish you could come on over and eat with us. Down here we say, ya'll come on over and eat with us. Be glad to have ya. Just come on in, sit a spell and dinnah will be ready in a minute. Have some tea while your waiting and don't expect a cup of hot tea!! Cup of coffee? I have both and I'm sorry you'll have just a plain meal today since I wasn't expecting company but after all you're not company. You're homefolks cause I remember your mama, your grandmama, your great grandmamma and all your cousins, aunts, uncles and so on and on. How are all of them doin?

Nuff said.
The Georgia Peach

No comments: