Button Wreath

BUMPER HELPING by Frances Robson


Good evening and come on in for a visit. I want to show off a little with a couple of my craft projects. We have a new great granddaughter coming soon and I wanted to make something special to help decorate her space. Our nephew and his wife are also expecting a little girl so I made a wreath for her also. They turned out so pretty I want to share it with you.

This is the first one I made and since I didn't know the colors being used in the nursery I made one which can be used with most any colors.


Materials:
1 small foam wreath - I got mine at the $ Tree
batting
ribbons
buttons
needle and thread

Instructions:

Cut the batting into about a 4 inch strip and wrap it around the wreath twice. I anchored the starting and ending points with straight pens.

Wrap the batting covered wreath with wide ribbon. You will need to overlap the edges as you wrap and anchor the beginning and ending points with straight pins. Begin and end the wrapping at the back of the wreath.

Gather all your buttons, select the colors and begin to sew them on being sure to go through the batting.

On the white wreath I made bows from narrow ribbons to intersperse between the ribbons. You can add whatever you would like and I think on the next one I am going to add some beads. For the beads I will stick a pin through the bead and then into the wreath.



I used both shank buttons and ones with holes. On the pink one I chose buttons which match the crib set.








To hang the wreath, I sewed 2 buttons on the back and wrapped a piece of narrow ribbon around each button to hang the wreath.

The picture at the top is our cat, Bumper, helping me make the wreath one morning. Now it's your turn to get out the buttons, ribbons and beads and begin to make a beautiful wreath. If you need Bumper to help just give me a call and I'll send him right over. If you try this project send me a picture for I would like to see how creative you can be.


Ya'll take care and come back to see us.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: