Peachy Waffles


Good evening and come on into the Net Porch and have a seat. I have cold coke ready and iced tea if you prefer but you will need something for it is hot and humid. Welcome to South Georgia in July and I love it. This is my kind to weather for I stay in house during the hot part of the day and go out early in the morning and late in the afternoon and I wouldn't swap it for anywhere else except the beach. In fact, I need a "beach fix" really soon.

We had waffles for breakfast this morning and this time I remembered to spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray. It is supposed to have a non-stick surface but if you don't spray it the waffles will stick and you cannot get them out. I found that out the last time I tried to have waffles.

I made Peachy Waffles this morning for I had some fresh peaches I needed to use and if you add peaches to anything it makes it taste better. I peeled and cut up the peaches in small chunks for I wanted to bite into a peach chunk while I was eating it. They turned out so well, I thought you might like to try it also so I included the recipe for you to try. Fresh blueberries could also be used instead of the peaches or put some of both for these two fruits compliment each other well.

PEACHY WAFFLES

Ingredients:
2 c. packaged biscuit mix
1 tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg
1 2/3 c. milk
2 tbsp. salad oil
1 c. chopped peaches

Directions:
Place the biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in bowl and mix. In smaller bowl, mix egg, milk and oil and add to dry ingredients. Stir together then add the chopped peaches. I roughly chop the peaches not mince them. Bake 3/4 cup batter at a time in a hot waffle iron until brown.

When mixing the wet ingredients with the dry, don't over mix or they will tough. I also took one and put it into a bowl while it was warm to see if I could make a waffle bowl. Scoops of ice cream topped with peaches or blueberries would be great in this bowl or whatever you wanted to put in it. Make a double recipe of the waffles and freeze some for later. Thaw them and pop them into the toaster for a quick breakfast or a snack. These are good enough to eat like a cookie.




Peachy Waffle Bowl

Blueberry Syrup is great for these waffles or put sliced fresh peaches and butter on them. I hope you will try these and let me know what you think.
Ya'll come back to see me and have a great weekend.

Nuff said,

The Georgia Peach

No comments: