THE ROARING SEA


The ocean today is wild and wind tossed with beaches covered with grasses and foam. A day most would stay inside, but I love the sound of the roaring surf and the wind blowing strongly - almost blowing me away.  It is a tempestuous day filled with sound and fury.  I enjoyed the power and majesty of the ocean and heard our mighty God speaking through all the tempests.  The words He sent me today come from the lyrics to Psalm 46 ( Lord of Hosts) by Shane and Shane.  The refrain that kept flowing through my mind is:


Though oceans roar, You are the Lord of all,
the one who calms the wind and waves and makes my heart be still.
Though the earth gives way, the mountains move into the sea,
the nations rage, I know my God is in control.”


As I walked and prayed about the turmoil in the lives of many that I love, I know He heard my prayers and is answering them as I spoke them from my heart.  We often feel that our lives are filled with angry waves and strong winds that toss us and throw us up on the beach of life.  Our lives are sometimes beyond our control and we can’t see the steps ahead for the foam and water covering the way.  The promise found in the words of the Psalm assures me that He can and will calm the winds and waves that wash through our lives.


Though all around us may be giving way and filled with rage, I know our Father  is aware of every event and all the troubles in our lives and is there to fill us with His peace and love.  Sorrow, sickness, family problems, and other difficulties are ever present and can wash over us like strong waves and the wind my buffet us and try to blow us away, He is there in the midst of it all with his strength which is ours.


The oceans roar can be a beautiful symphony filled with deep bass notes that assure us that the power of God is supreme.  The strong winds can blow away our worries and leave us cleansed and ready to receive God’s filling of love.  

I love the wild sea as well as the calm sea for both are God’s creation and He is in control.  Thank you Lord for the assurance that you know all and are in control of all. You are an awesome, powerful and loving God who cares and loves us beyond our comprehension.  Praise your Holy Name.

No comments: