Cheesy French Bread Slices



This has been a cold, clear, beautiful day in South Georgia and a good time to have a hot bowl of vegetable soup and hot bread.  I had been reading recipes about pull apart cheese breads but didn't want to buy bread for I had just purchased a loaf of french bread.  Thinking about how I could modify the recipe, I tried this method and it is very good a and I hope you enjoy it too.

CHEESY FRENCH BREAD SLICES

  • 12 slices (enough to fill a loaf pan) french bread
  • 12 slices of cheddar cheese ( I sliced my own using a mandolin)
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line loaf pan with aluminum foil with several long enough to cover loaf after taking it out of the oven.

Place the bread in the foil lining the loaf pan and place a cheese slice between the slices of bread.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese between the slices.
Generously brush the top of the loaf with melted butter and sprinkle with some of the mozzarella cheese. 
Bake in preheated oven until toasted on the top and cheese has melted - about 20 min.
Remove from pan using the foil to lift and serve immediately, while hot.

Ready for the oven


Hot and ready to serve

 Nice addition with a hot bowl of soup

Additions or substitutes - fresh Parmesan, sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning after brushing with butter.  

I hope you enjoy this bread as much as we did and let me know how you liked it.

The Georgia Peach



No comments: