Fall Afternoon Walk




Fall in South Georgia is not an earth shaking event for the weather stays warm until November.  Our AC has been running this week and we were quite warm which is fine for I am a flip-flop lady who loves warm to hot temperatures. It is slowly turning from summer to Fall here and as I walked around out big yard and pond I took some photos of the changes.  Not as colorful as farther north but a little color here and there if you look closely.  



Some of the vines are usually the first to turn red or yellow.  Not a lot of change but a little so tell us that November is here



This beautiful little heart shaped leaf is from the popcorn tree.  Later there will also be white berries with the yellow leaves.


This dreaded, beautiful yellow flower is one of the reasons I am suffering with allergies.  This is the goldenrod and grows abundantly by the pond; 
No idea what these are but pretty 
The white berries on the popcorn tree.  As they scatter, new trees come from each and every one for we have multitudes 


These lovely yellow leaves are from a gardenia shrub.  The brightest color I have in the yard.  

I was surprised to see this bright yellow section on a pine tree.  Usually all you see on a pine are green needles and brown as they fall to the ground.  This was beautiful against the blue sky. 

These little red berries are on one of our asparagus plants.  


Pine  Cone lily - these are full of a liquid that can be uses for shampoo and I am going to try it.  It is a member of the ginger lily family.  If you cut them and put them in water, they will last for several days.  


Tucked under a large bush is a wild fern frond to add a little color to that spot. 


Look down and find little patches of color


This is not bright color, but the crape myrtle tree has the most beautiful trunk of any tree in our yard.  It is smooth and polished and I love it. 

 One little red leaf 


Our orange tree is loaded with these bright green oranges ready to ripen.  Be glad when they are ready - a month at least.  

I  hope you enjoyed this stroll around our backyard and I have no idea what our next little photo trip will be but come back and walk with me.  

By the way, my photos are copyrighted but if you message me, I can give you permission to use one.  Many of them are also available on Shutterstock 

Take some pictures and enjoy the experience of seeing the world through the lens of a camera. 

The Georgia Girl 




No comments: